Hampshire and the Isle of Wight Safeguarding Children Partnership and its associated partners provide presentations and training opportunities on its toolkits to equip professionals with the knowledge, information and skills to apply the resources effectively. Where appropriate, details of external training that practitioners might find helpful are provided.
To support professional understanding and implementation of our toolkits, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight LSCP provides free multi-agency training for professionals and volunteers working with children and families.
Please access the IOWSCP training webpages to access courses for professionals working on the Isle of Wight.
Abusive Head Trauma/ICON resources
The ICON Train the Trainer presentation is designed for professionals to discuss ICON: ‘Babies cry, you can cope’ with parents and carers.
The training will help professionals to:
- Understand more about Abusive Head Trauma.
- Understand it is a form of child abuse.
- Share the message that crying in babies is normal.
- Support parents/carers to soothe their baby.
- Support parents to cope with a baby’s crying.