Hampshire Safeguarding Children Partnership (HSCP), Isle of Wight Safeguarding Children Partnership (IOWSCP) and its associated partners provide presentations and training opportunities on its toolkits to equip professionals with the knowledge, information and skills to apply the resources effectively. Where appropriate, details of external training that practitioners might find helpful are also provided.
Hampshire: To support professional understanding and implementation of our toolkits, the HSCP provides free multi-agency training for professionals and volunteers working with children and families in the Hampshire local authority area. Please take a look at the HSCP Training Brochure 2023-24 or access the HSCP Events booking page for more details.
IOW: The IOWSCP provides a fully funded training programme for professionals who work with Isle of Wight children and families, which can be accessed via their website.
Every Sleep Counts resources
The Every Sleep Counts – Train the Trainer presentation is designed for professionals to discuss Every Sleep Counts with parents and carers.
The training will help professionals to:
- Understand the importance of safe sleep and what it is.
- Understand why environments may not be a safe place for a baby to sleep.
- Explain the criminal charge of overlaying.
- Understand the risk factors associated with sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
- Understand the importance of a multi-agency approach.
- Support the workforce to deliver the safe sleep message to parents and carers.