NEW: Increased Awareness Webinar on Reducing Parental Conflict
24 January 2022 — In association with Relate, we are pleased to announce our latest webinar, Increased Awareness Webinar on Reducing Parental Conflict.
This free interactive webinar, delivered by Relate, has been developed for Hampshire professionals and volunteers to differentiate between parental conflict and domestic abuse and to establish at what point parental conflict might become unhealthy.
Participants attending the webinar will be able to identify and understand the detrimental impact exposure to a level of parental conflict will have on the child/children living in the family. They will learn how to respond, protect children, and support parents.
This webinar will also provide signposting to additional information to support professionals, where parental conflict is identified as interfering with family life and proving a barrier to effective professional intervention.
The webinar is available to all staff who either come into contact with parents or are directly working with children and young people. This includes schools, nurseries, police colleagues, health colleagues, social workers, and family support staff.
Delegates attending the webinar will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Be able to identify and to explain to parents how conflicting behaviours within the family network can have a negative impact on family life and in particular the children.
- Understand what impact your own experience of conflict has on your confidence to have conversations with parents about their conflict.
- Learn about tools that may help aid the conversations you have with parents and how these can be used to support parents to positively communicate with each other.
- Gain new strategies and techniques on how parental conflict can be responded to in a strengths-based way.
- Gain a basic understanding of the rights/responsibilities of parents and learn about simple tools to enable cooperative working between parents.
- Acquire a good working knowledge of the threshold for referral to level 3 or 4 services.
- Learn from scenarios and case studies.
How to book
Please visit the HSCP booking page to book your free place. Alternatively, select your preferred date below and book direct.
If you do not currently have a HSCP training account, then you will need to register and create an account first.
Available dates and times:
WEDNESDAY 9 FEBRUARY 2022 (18:30 – 20:00)
WEDNESDAY 16 FEBRUARY 2022 (12:00 – 13:30)
WEDNESDAY 23 FEBRUARY 2022 (12:00 – 13:30)
WEDNESDAY 2 MARCH 2022 (12.00 – 13.30)
WEDNESDAY 2 MARCH 2022 (18:30 – 20:00)
WEDNESDAY 9 MARCH 2022 (12.00 – 13.30)
WEDNESDAY 9 MARCH 2022 (18:30 – 20:00)
WEDNESDAY 16 MARCH 2022 (12:00 – 13:30)
WEDNESDAY 16 MARCH 2022 (18.30 – 20.00)
WEDNESDAY 23 MARCH 2022 (12:00 – 13:30)
WEDNESDAY 23 MARCH 2022 (18.30 – 20.00)
WEDNESDAY 30 MARCH 2022 (18:30 – 20:00)