Home » Children and Young People » Worried about Yourself or a Friend?

Worried about Yourself or a Friend?

If you’ve got a problem or are worried about someone you know, it can be hard to know what to do to make the situation better. You don’t have to manage on your own.

Talking to someone can make you feel better and help you find a solution.

Try talking to your friends or an adult that you can trust like a parent or teacher. There are also other people to help you. You can speak to somebody by phone:


Hampshire Children’s Services

Hampshire Children’s Services have a team that are there to help you. You can ring this number 24 hours a day. Phone 0300 555 1384. In an emergency you can ring the police by phoning 999.

You might not want to talk to anyone about your worries because you are embarrassed, you might think people won’t take you seriously or understand you, or that they might tell someone else when you don’t want them to. You might think adults have let you down, so find it hard to trust them. It can be very difficult to talk about your feelings and what’s happening in your life, but some problems won’t go away if you try to sort them out yourself or ignore them.


“You can contact Childline about anything. No problem is too big or too small. Whatever your worry it’s better out than in.”

You can contact Childline by phone, email, text or via a message board. To phone call 0800 1111. They have a video that shows you what happens when you contact them and lots of ideas and information about keeping safe. Their website is at: www.childline.org.uk


CAMHS have put together a list of some of the things that you might be experiencing, or some of the difficulties that you might be having, and some top tips on how to manage them. This can be found on their website at: www.hampshirecamhs.nhs.uk

To make a referral to Hampshire Specialist CAMHS, please download and complete the following referral form.